Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just a little update on ideas.

Hey guys just wanted to toss out some ideas I have for some conversions and basing. I'm hoping to get some feed back as well.

First this came in the mail for me today. And let me tell you this was one of my favorite shows growing up and I will love painting to this.

I received this in a trade I made with a gentlemen for some extra terminators, some oop metal figs and a Land Raider.




 Now my first conversion idea comes from Anvil Industries  I plan to use the drum magazines on a few models just to add a little zing to the models.


I've been told that the drums will sit almost perfectly with a bolter.

Now for the basing I'm going to go with my definite go to guy Mr. Justing at Secret Weapon Miniatures. I'm thinking of using the Ruined Temple set for the Dark Angels. I used the bonefields on my Dark Eldar and was really happy with the quality of the bases.






Now the reason I plan to use the ruined temple base is 1) I'm not spending a lot on the arm since I already have almost all the models I will need regardless of what I decided to run. 2) is this little gem the Chapel of Sanctuary..if I can get one/win a ebay auction for once lol.




I was inspired by seeing this picture somewhere a few weeks ago.
I did not make this but it is sexy..Just wish I could remember where I found it.



Well that's it for tonight I should be able to get some work in tomorrow if the wife and babies allow me too.. As always let me know what you think of the blog so far. And or any neat ideas you would like to see tried out or would look good.


No comments:

Post a Comment